Candid Conversations: Iceo Community Dialogue
January 25, 2017 @ 11:45 am - 1:00 pm
W20 – 307
The outcome of the 2016 US Presidential election and other recent events seems to challenge us as a nation. There are many staff members in the MIT community who have expressed heartfelt concerns and feelings of vulnerability about their future.
The Institute Community and Equity Officer (ICEO) and MIT Employee Resource Groups (ERG) would like to invite the entire MIT community to participate in “Candid Conversations”, an opportunity to come together as a community to discuss what lies ahead by listening to and understanding each other. Now more than ever, we need to reconfirm our support for each other’s dreams by focusing on what unites us as Americans instead of what divides us politically.
Date: Wednesday, January 25
Location: W20 – 307
Time: 11:45 am – 1:30 pm
Lunch is provided
RSVP at: http://doodle.com/poll/tg5zrpc2d4n5gktb
In order to facilitate our conversations, please come prepared to discuss the following questions:
1. How has the election and other pre- and post- election events impacted your work?
2. How have these events impacted you personally?
3. Why is it important to discuss these issues, especially of racial inequity and social injustice in the workplace?
4. With regard to addressing these issues, how have the actions of MIT mirrored its vision of diversity and inclusion?
5. What are your hopes for the future?
This community dialogue will be conducted in a safe and open environment in which everyone’s thoughts, opinions and ideas are valued, especially when they differ from your own.
This event is co-sponsored by the ICEO and the MIT Employee Resource Groups (ERG)
Women in IT ERG